Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Don't Have Enough Time

Ah...Possibly the greatest curse of parenthood or of life in general. I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard this phrase. Perhaps then I could retire to a tropical island where time is all I have. Well, here's what I think about time. Over a lifetime, some of us may have more or less time than others, but at the start of each day, we all have 24 hours. I have the same amount of time as you and you have the same amount as the next guy. You either use it or you lose it, or so the saying goes. Do I use my time wisely? By all means, NO! I may just be about the poorest time manager in town, but nothing urks me more than someone complaining about time or the lack of it. People who don't have enough time to play with their children, educate their children, or spend time with their family in general are not using their time wisely. You do have enough time for these things, you are just choosing to do something else with that time. Think about it. For instance, I have spent far too much time on the computer today. That is time I could have spent with my daughter or doing other things that need to get done. I chose to spend the time here; however, the time that I was away from the computer, I was spending with my daughter. We played games together, we read books, we made dinner together, we ate dinner together, we even cleaned together. How many of you can honestly say that you spent that much time with your child or family today? Think about what you chose to do instead and think about how you can change that tomorrow. You do have enough time.

No comments: